http://english.sgscc.edu.au/officesJob search strategies and language skills for participating in the workplace.
Skillmax - English for Employment is funded by the NSW Government and is delivered in partnership with the NSW Adult Migrant English Service (NSW AMES) and SGSCC.
English for Employment
- is for skilled migrants seeking employment in their chosen profession
- is a fast track course to prepare qualified professionals to enter the Australian workforce
- is funded by the NSW Government
- is free for eligible participants
- 150 hours of tuition provided
Human resource specialists and employers will provide sessions on the current expectations of finding work and career advice. They will also provide interactive workshops.
- English language support including pronunciation
- Developing a greater awareness of workplace culture and trends in the Australian labour market
- Finding your fit in your field of expertise
- Developing a career portfolio including your résumé and cover letter
- Strategies to identify employment opportunities
- Preparing for the job interview
- Career management skills
- Marketing yourself effectively
Students can obtain Statements of Attainment for modules from Certificate IV in Spoken and Written English 2013. This qualification is recognised throughout Australia.
- be a permanent Australian resident of non-English speaking background
- have overseas qualifications
- be seeking employment in their field
- have an IELTS score of 5.5 – 6 or equivalent*
You will also need to provide the following documents:
- Current visa page of your passport
- Your qualifications (English translations)
- IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) or equivalent*
** Applicants without an IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) or equivalent may be eligible for a free English Language Proficiency Assessment
How can I find out more?
For more information and to apply for English for Employment, please Contact Us.